London Literature Highlights Tour
- Duration: 3 Hours (approx.)
- Location: London, London
- Product code: LIT
Inspiration for more stories than any library could hold, London has always been at the heart of incredible writing. On this perfectly prepared literature package, your private expert tour curator will showcase classic literary icons such as Dickens, Shakespeare, Arthur Conan Doyle, and Virginia Woolf, who were moulded by the city of their time, as well as exploring how London continues to shape writing well into the 21st Century.
We love giving our guests a perfect introduction to the highlights of London’s literary history, but our expert private tour curators really pride themselves on delivering bespoke options. So whether you’re hoping to be whisked to Bath and into the world of Jane Austen, or want to be transported to the magical portrayals of the capital in fantasy and science-fiction, we would be delighted to create a bespoke literary tour just for you - just get in touch with us here.
- 10:00AM - 1:00PM or 2:00PM - 5:00PM
- Includes pick up and drop off by your expert private tour curator at locations of your choosing
- Includes entry tickets to either the Charles Dickens Museum or the Sherlock Holmes Museum
- In this three hour perfectly prepared package, you'll walk in the footsteps of literary icons who have called London their home
- Discover the haunts along the River Thames in Southwark that moulded William Shakespeare into history's most famous playwright, and see his reconstructed Globe Theatre, where electrifying writing has inspired audiences throughout the ages
- Your private literary expert tour curator will show you pubs that have hosted legendary writers over hundreds of years, and explain the social circles that produced visionary works
- Stop by the leafy squares of Bloomsbury, where Virginia Woolf and her contemporaries broke norms and shocked society with daring new ideas
- It's your tour, so enjoy it your way - you'll get to choose between a visit to the Charles Dickens Museum and the Old Curiosity Shop to get a taste of the beloved author's life, or a visit to the Sherlock Holmes Museum on Baker Street to learn about the world's most famous detective
- We will make a lunch or dinner reservation perfectly suited to your tastes, whether that's a traditional English pub or an elegant café - just let us know your preference when booking
- Don't feel like walking or public transport? Upgrade your tour when booking to include a privately chauffeured luxury vehicle!
- If you want to make your tour even more unique, or have a larger group, we would be delighted to create a bespoke tour just for you - get in touch with us here
- Public transport, gratuities, and food and drink are not included