British Museum Introductory Tour
- Duration: 1 Hours (approx.)
- Location: London, London
- Product code: BMI
Step inside the ‘World’s Museum’ and come face to face with treasures untold with your very own expert private tour curator. In just one hour, you’ll see the absolute best of the British Museum's incredible collection, from ancient relics and sacred mummies, to buried gold and legendary temples. Along the way, you’ll hear stories of the museum itself, and discover how it has become an icon of national heritage.
This perfectly prepared package pairs exceedingly well with our three-hour privately guided walking tour of historic Bloomsbury - and we are delighted to offer you a 20% discount on this perfectly prepared package when booking that tour (option available when booking Historic Bloomsbury Tour).
- Enjoy a one hour privately guided interior tour of the British Museum, the jewel in London's cultural crown, at a time to suit you
- Meet your private expert tour curator outside the iconic British Museum in London's Bloomsbury
- Your private expert tour curator will show you the top highlights of this extraordinary collection, from the ruins of ancient empires to priceless treasures from around the world
- Hear about the stories that make the British Museum so unique, and learn about how the collections housed within have been entwined with the fate of the nation
- You'll find mummies, lost languages, and even the chess set that inspired Harry Potter within the walls of the sprawling museum
- We will make a lunch or dinner reservation nearby perfectly suited to your tastes, whether that's a traditional English pub or an elegant café - just let us know your preference when booking
- If you're after a more in-depth look at the British Museum, with a bespoke focus on any particular areas of interest, we offer a perfectly packaged three hour version of this tour
- Public transport, gratuities, and food and drink are not included